- More than 192,000 NPs practice in the U.S. By 2025, that number is expected to reach 244,000.
- In 2012, more than 900 million visits were made to nurse practitioners across the U.S.
- 87% of NPs are prepared in primary care.
- 97% of NPs prescribe medications.
- 85% of NPs see patients covered by Medicare, 84% see patients covered by Medicaid.
- 19 states allow nurse practitioners to practice independently.**
*Photo taken from bringmethenews.com
**The above facts were taken from physicianpractice.com